As WDWNT continues to grow, we are looking for additional local Reporters to expand our Orlando-based staff. WDWNT’s Orlando Reporters visit the Walt Disney World parks several days a week to investigate developments with construction, refurbishments, maintenance issues, food and beverage offerings, merchandise, and more.
Orlando-Based Reporter Required Availability
- Full-time position: 35+ hours per week over 4 or more days per week, including some weekend days. Additionally, evening hours are occasionally needed for special events, nighttime entertainment, etc.
- Part-time position: 16+ hours per week over 2 or more days per week, including some weekend days. Additionally, evening hours are occasionally needed for special events, nighttime entertainment, etc.
Orlando-Based Reporter Job Description
As WDWNT is the worldwide leader in Disney parks news, it’s imperative that we quickly, accurately, and thoroughly report on all of the changes, big and small, at the Disney parks – which starts with our Reporters.
A typical day as a WDWNT Reporter involves a number of responsibilities. You will arrive at your assigned Walt Disney World theme park prior to park opening. You will report via photos, video, and social media on new developments in all four parks and resorts, including new construction, renovations/refurbishment, new merchandise, new food and beverage offerings, crowd levels, maintenance issues, and more. You will also write a daily Photo Report documenting your visit and pertinent updates to the park(s) you visited that day.
- Walt Disney World Annual Pass
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for Disney parks and resorts
- The desire to quickly and accurately be the first to cover breaking Disney parks news
- Time management and prioritization skills to ensure the most important news is covered first
- A detail-oriented work style, able to find and recognize even the smallest changes at the parks
- Writing and/or reporting experience
- Photography experience, preferably with DSLR or mirrorless cameras (If you already own your own camera gear, let us know in the application)
- Videography experience, including filming, editing, and publishing on YouTube
- Social media skills, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Willingness to be an on-air personality for YouTube, TikTok, and other platforms, with the ability to relate to our audience and get them excited for our content
- WDWNT provides health insurance, vision, and dental benefits to full-time employees in the Orlando area.
- All employees are eligible for a year-end bonus based on their performance and the performance of the company.